WE CARE ABOUT OUR SILVERBACK FOOTPRINT
We aim to be the best crewing company on planet earth. In order to do that we must ensure that planet earth is still spinning and healthy. So we do the following to make sure we help:
We are constantly working towards ISO 20121 Sustainability Management System Standard. This is a management system standard that has been designed to help organisations in the events industry improve the sustainability of their business.
With the Carbon Trust we calculate our carbon footprint, with a view to executing both a carbon offset programme, and taking an introspective look at our company to see where we can make eco-friendly inroads.
- We make the utmost efforts to minimise the use of materials, energy and use recycled materials as much as we possibly can. We adopt a paperless office practice!
- We have signed up to the government backed ‘Bike 2 Work Scheme’, and actively encourage, and reward, crew members who use fuel free travel, to and from jobs wherever possible.
- We advocate a car share scheme to reduce our carbon footprint and also promote the use of public transport to our crew!
- We are socially sustainable and encourage education in surrounding communities by training employees and offering internships to young members of the community.
- We also offer free lectures to University students who wish to learn about the industry, the disciplines involved and how standards are met.
Simply put, we aim to make a difference. This is no gimmick, or marketing tool. We actually do care.
Any suggestions that you have regarding this section of our business will be gratefully received.