THINK SMART, THINK SAFE, THINK SILVERBACK
We are in an industry where health and safety should be at the forefront of everybody’s mind! Here at Silverback we have invested a lot of time and money ensuring all of our crew know all the hazards within their work. They know how to prevent it where possible and how to minimise risks and what to do if they spot one.
We give full Health and Safety inductions to all our crew when they begin but that is not all we do! All core crew are SPA trained and trained in Manual Handling by our in house Health and Safety representative.
- All of our crew own clean regulation PPE which they wear on site at all times.
- All of our Crew Chiefs ensure the standard of Health and Safety is at its highest on site and are all Emergency First Aid trained.
- All of our crew have 24hr access to our online Health and Safety intranet system. Which has guidelines on manual handling techniques, risk assessments, accident report forms and updates to Health and Safety legislation from HSE.
- All client’s can get a specific login to our H&S Intranet to view our H&S Policy, risk assessments, insurance certificates and other H&S related info.
Basically, we care 100% for the safety of our clients, the public and our crew.
SPA Passport Training Provider
Silverback has become a recognised training centre for delivering the nationally recognised Event Safety Passport. The 1 day course is for people working in the events industry to demonstrate basic health and safety awareness. The passport is designed to help reduce risks on event sites and ensure all crew are operating safely. The course is recognised by both the Production Services Association (PSA) and the Safety Pass Alliance (SPA)
SPA Passport Topics Covered.
- Organising for Safety – Legal responsibilities and Risk Assessment
- The Workplace – Safety & Specific Hazards
- Tools & Plant Machinery – Hazards of both powered and non powered machinery, hazards of workplace transport.
- Health – COSHH regulations, musculoskeletal problems and the effects of both noise and stress.
- Procedures – Site permits, emergency procedures and 1st Aid
- Environment – Current and future environmental requirements, safe storage and marking, waste control hierarchies and emergency planning.
“A great course delivered professionally by Silverback and it has really increased our guys H&S knowledge, Thanks again.”